On any given night, people have numerous options regarding how they’ll spend their time and money. If you’re hosting an event, obviously you want more of those people to give those things to you. However, planning a sellout event is not something that just happens naturally. The entire marketing strategy surrounding the event must tie back to the overall mission and goals of an organization. Doing this effectively should create a happier customer base that will be much easier to sell to next time.
Your chance at selling out an event is much higher after its inaugural year, as long as you’ve taken the proper steps to follow up with and maintain your audience. This, along with a user-friendly website, ticket incentives and sponsorship acquisitions, can help to ensure sellout events in the years to follow:
Event Website Tips:
* Ensure your event page is live as soon as possible.
* Create a home landing page with a strong call to action.
* Choose a hosting service that is compatible with WordPress to ensure user-friendly updates.
* Insert SEO content on every page to attract higher ad ranks on search engines.
* Include links to all social media platforms.
* Own all of the content you use on the site.
* Make the site mobile responsive.
* Integrate ticket sales through the website.
* Make registration as easy as possible for your guests.
* Consider using ticketing software like EventBrite, Tix or Universe, which include ticket sale tracking tools.
* Course-correct your goals in the weeks and months leading up to your event based on ticket sales.
* Consider offering different ticket levels to appeal to new attendees and donors.
* If finances permit, consider implementing a discount program or bring-a-friend-for-free option to build new prospects.
Tips for Creating Happy Attendees:
* Give yourself at least a year to obtain sponsorships.
* Implement surveys and listen to the needs and desires of your attendees.
* Provide incentives for return attendees, such as discounts for registering early.
In conclusion when marketing your event be sure your strategy works with your organization’s mission and goals. Make sure you have a user-friendly website where attendees can easily buy tickets and keep your attendees in mind throughout the entire process.
WE’D LOVE FOR YOU TO SHARE THIS IN YOUR NEWSLETTER OR WEBSITE BUT PLEASE INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING COMPLETE INFORMATION: Event Producer Strategist, Entrepreneur, Speaker, and Coach, Annette Naif, CEO & Creative Director of Naif Productions.
# # #
About Naif Productions:
Naif Productions is a strategic event planning, design and production firm specializing in corporate, live coaching sales events, social, non-profit, and weddings. Based in New York City, we produce events worldwide from Fortune 500 clients and coaches to families and charities. Naif Productions specializes in helping clients attain their goals, realize return on investment, and achieve the most unique, creative experiences.
About Annette Naif:
Since 1986 Annette Naif has been designing and producing custom events, helping clients create their unique style that translates into a memorable and profitable experience. Annette spent 17 years producing events in the motion picture industry where she helped coordinate numerous productions for film and episodic television programs. Since then Annette’s been running her own event production company, coaching other event planners, teaching an event operations and production course at NYU, and now is the CEO & Creative Director of Naif Productions.